Allows small animals to cross roads safely
The ACO Climate Tunnel can be installed flush with or below the road surface. The system allows small animals to cross roads safely between different areas of their natural habitat. The ACO Climate Tunnel is available in slotted and solid top variants.
The ACO Climate Tunnel can be used in conjunction with the ACO Guide Wall, ACO Climate Tunnel Entrance, and ACO Climate Stilt Tunnel to form a complete guidance and crossing system.
The slotted ACO Climate Tunnel is installed at surface level, reducing crossing distances for small animals and installation costs for contractors. The slots equalise ambient conditions between the tunnel and the open air, maximising light and humidity.
The solid top ACO Climate Tunnel can be installed below surface level (in conjunction with the ACO Climate Stilt Tunnel), or where there is a requirement for a continuous surface.
No metal reinforcement is used, so animals are not disoriented by distortion of magnetic fields, while the non-absorbent surface has minimal thermal conductivity, providing an ideal surface for amphibians to move along.
- Can be installed below road surface or where continuous surface is required.
- Animals are not disoriented by distortion of magnetic fields.
- A complete seamless system to guide animals to safety.
- Light and humidity are maximised.
- Reduces crossing distances and installation costs.
- Minimal thermal conductivity.
- Certified to Load Class D 400 BS EN 1433:2002.
- Solid top version available
- No metal reinforcement.
- Use in conjunction with Guide and Entrance systems.
- Slots equalise ambient conditions between tunnel and open air.
- Can be installed close to road surface.
- Manufactured from polymer concrete.
- Non-absorbent and non-caustic.
- Nature conservation areas
- Areas identified for mitigation measures
- Residential developments
- Distribution yards
- Industrial estates