ACO. we care for water
Caring for water is at the very heart of sustainable development. Only when water is properly cared for can it be considered a renewable resource that facilitates life. Quick removal of water can no longer be a starting consideration for projects. Careful thought must be given to the design and technology that enables the collection, cleaning, holding and reuse of water to protect the natural environment. ACO’s Water Positive assists in delivering sustainable water management for the built environment by demonstrating how caring for water can be achieved through 3 core project considerations. Design, Technology and Environment.
The foundation of good water management
Recognised where a project, designed by ACO or by a client, contributes to managing water in a sustainable way. This would involve all or any of the following:
- An existing project design incorporating ACO product parameters to create a sustainable water solution.
- An ACO product being incorporated into an existing sustainable water application i.e. already constructed.
- An ACO input into a project design, applying knowledge to ensure sustainable water management.
Facilitating the delivery of sustainable water management
Recognised where a project incorporates ACO technology that contributes to managing water in a sustainable way. This would involve all or any of the following:
- ACO technology incorporated into a project to provide obvious treatment of water quality e.g. separators.
- ACO technology incorporated as part of a system that directly enables sustainable water management e.g. conveyance of clean water for local infiltration or treatment.
- ACO technology incorporated into a project to support natural ecosystems and habitats
Good management of water helps create sustainable ecosystems
Recognised where a project, designed by ACO or by a client, contributes to creating a sustainable ecosystem. This would involve all or any of the following:
- ACO technology or design or both, to achieve a prescribed water quantity / quality outcome to protect environments.
- ACO technology or design or both, to provide clean water to sustain biodiversity and natural ecosystems.
- ACO technology or design or both, to reuse water to mitigate water stress.
Featured DownloadsLogin or register to download
ACO Water Positive CPD
Ensuring the preservation of water resources is crucial for maintaining life and promoting a healthy environment. To achieve a water-positive scheme, it is important to implement sustainable design practices and employ appropriate product technologies.
Our expertise in this field is reflected in our new CPD program, which delves into sustainable water management practices and innovative technologies that can be integrated into construction projects to promote positive environmental impacts.
- Register your interest below. A member of our team will be in touch to discuss your CPD requirements