Surface water sediment treatment system
Combipoint SSA is a sediment removal system which can be used in conjunction with SuDS components.
This point gully system is an upstream pre-treatment component which can be used instead of sediment forebays.
When used with SuDS features serving large developments it will improve the water quality, performance of a vegetated detention basin and reduce longterm maintenance requirements (CIRIA SuDS manual 22.8.1). This prevents open water features from becoming unsightly and odorous and reduces the risk of rapid silt accumulation, which is generally expensive and difficult to extract and dispose of (CIRIA SuDS manual 23.1).
Sediment can be quickly and easily removed from this point source, and the large silt chamber allows at least 71% higher capacity compared to conventional road drains, and at least 32% higher than conventional road drains with silt chamber
Capacity and Treatment
- Capacity:10 l/s
- Treatment: Approx 98% course grained content, 76% fine-grained content and 10% suspended solids are removed
SuDS Mitigation indices
The Combipoint SSA enables a three-stage separation of solids contained in surface water, minimising the solids entering the system. This system is tested and IKT certified, and its mitigation indices can be combined with secondary SuDS components as part of the SuDS Management Train.
- The multifunctional, dirt resilient and robust double hinge enables easy, quick opening
- No mortar joint
- Made from Polyethylene (PE)
- Attachments suitable for the use of silt bucket in accordance with DIN 4052-4
- Pipe connection 160mm
- Monolithic gully body
- Pipe connection suitable for heating coil welding sleeves
- Sediment can quickly and easily be removed
- Load dispersed due to elimination of the mortar joint
- Can be used as part of a SuDS treatment train
- Upstream pre-treatment component which can be used instead of sediment forebays
- Prevents open water features from becoming unsightly and odorous and reduces the risk of rapid silt accumulation
- Sediment removal before swales, detention basins and ponds
Need help with your design? Ask our Design Team a question today via our online support facility.
askACO Support is a free to use online service. Our Design Team can provide you with expert guidance on your project, without obligation. Speak to one of our team today.