V-Septor Proprietary treatment system
The ACO V-Septor is an advanced hydrodynamic separator that removes sediment bound contaminants. Its design enables removal of pollutants by means of settlement and the capture of floatables.
The ACO V-Septor is available in a range of sizes to accommodate small to large sites and can be custom made for demanding installations.
The ACO V-Septor retains solid pollution and oil. It also forms part of the SuDS management train as it removes over 50% of fine Total Suspended Solids as well as sediment bound metals and hydrocarbons.
SuDS mitigation indices
The ACO V-Septor is a recognised proprietary treatment system defined by The SuDS Manual C753 as a hydrodynamic or vortex separator. Therefore, the ACO V-Septor can be part of the SuDS treatment train and can deliver the SuDS mitigation indices below:
Details available on request
How it works
- The deflection plate directs the incoming stormwater to create a vertical vortex.
- Suspended solids settle down in the sludge chamber. Light liquids and debris are captured at the surface.
- Radial flow baffles create isolated zones to retain sediments in the sludge chamber and prevent remobilisation of sediments during peak flow events.
- Cleaned water flows up the outer chamber and over the balancing weir and then passes through the outlet to discharge to the water environment.
- Captured solids and debris can easily be removed by suction hose during maintenance.